Friday 12 July 2013

Review of SyncNorwich's First Birthday Party.


I always look forward to SyncNorwich events but yesterday’s event was a bit more special than normal. It was our 1st Birthday, and we had such a great night planned. We were pleased to have around 50 people come to celebrate with us; they were treated to cake, balloons, music and 3 superb tech startup talks. 


My favourite talk last night had to be the two students from Norwich school who at only 17 have created a smartphone app that tells you when your food is going out of date called FoodSafe.  It was such an inspiring story and great to hear how their school has helped them run the company alongside their studies; the sponsored scan had to be the best idea to get the whole school involved! 


I love SyncNorwich because I get to meet an incredible number of amazing people who are doing things that I would love to do myself one day.  As someone just starting out in the industry, the group provides me with lots of role models to look up to and things to aspire to, last night was definitely no exception and it was great to see a selection of new faces in the audience too. 


Massive thanks also has to go to Karma Kafe for letting us use their space, and blowing up all the balloons for us, definitely saved us a job, as well as Cat Landin for baking the beautiful cake and Joseph Spear and Smart421 for bringing the Smartinis. 


That just leaves me to say I am so proud to be part of SyncNorwich, I think it is an amazing community and I hope it continues to grow in the future. If you’ve never been to an event before I really would urge you to sign up.

Next month is Agile August and we have talks from Aviva, Virgin Wines and Axon Active about their agile journeys. It’s being held at Virgin Money Lounge which is a great central location. You can RSVP to this event now by clicking here. We look forward to seeing you then! 

Here are some photos of the event in case you missed it:







No comments:

Post a Comment